Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Crazy Friday!

Friday, August 7 goes in the books as "Crazy Friday!"  Three major things happened all in one day: our NVC letter arrived via email, our I800 approval arrived via mail, and we received an update about Isaiah.  I checked my email on Friday morning and it was gift after gift! 

First, I opened my email and saw one from NVC (National Visa Center).  This came as a SHOCK because the NVC letter isn't supposed to be received until 2 to 3 weeks AFTER receipt of our I800 approval.  We hadn't received our I800 approval yet!  This letter provided us with a case number that will be sent to the US Embassy in Guangzhou with our I800 approval so a visa can be issued for Isaiah to enter the US.  (This will be approved and then issued when we are in China).

On Thursday I had emailed Immigration asking about the status of our I800 approval.  The second important email I found Friday morning was a response saying that our I800 had been approved 7/31 and should arrive in the mail in the next few days (it arrived later that day). This approval from US Immigration classifies Isaiah as a relative and allows him entry into the United States, becoming a US citizen as soon as he touches US soil.  The HUGE thing about this is that our NVC letter and I800 arrived on the SAME DAY so we don't have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for the next step!


Lastly, we had paid a company that specializes in sending care packages to children being adopted to obtain the answers to 10 questions (written by us) and updated photographs of Isaiah.  The answers to our questions (about 40 when all said and done - the art of a question within a question), updated photographs AND 6 short videos were also waiting in my email inbox.  Like I said, a CRAZY Friday!!

We are two steps closer to bringing our little boy home!



1 comment: