Thursday, October 8, 2015

We're Off!

It's here.  It's really here.  I write these words with a measure of shock and a huge dose of excitement!  I've been packing, getting paperwork together, talking to Zeke about having a brother and going on the big airplane for the last week but the excitement hadn't hit.  Well, it hit today!

Before I left work today I explained to my students (again) that I was going to China with my family to get our son Isaiah and that I wouldn't be back to teach them until January (but I would visit before then) and we all said goodbye.  Once they were at recess (I have been working half time this week) my job share partner and I went over a few more things, I walked out of my classroom, said goodbye to several co-workers, and walked out the front doors of Mountain Way.  THAT is when I started shaking, my stomach started doing somersaults and I couldn't stop smiling.  WE ARE GOING TO CHINA TO GET ISAIAH! 


If you are following our journey there is one more traveler you need to meet.  This is Stripes!  Stripes was given to Zeke by Grandma Youngquist as a travel companion but there were some strings attached.

String #1:  Stripes has to come back home with Zeke (to make sure they BOTH make it back).
String #2:  Zeke has to take pictures of Stripes at all of the different places he gets to visit while he is in China so he can share them with Grandma when he gets home.

Similar to Flat Stanley, Stripes is going on the adventure of a lifetime and he will have the pictures to prove it!  Thank you for sending Stripes to China with Zeke Grandma!



The bags are packed (with the exception of a few things that will get thrown in last minute) and Stripes is watching over them for the night.  We are hoping to sleep well tonight (we'll see if the nerves let us) and we head to the airport mid-morning.  IT'S HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment